System Dashboard viewing permissions

James Bonello March 21, 2016

I would like to know if there is a way to modify the system dashboard so that users see different views and gadgets based on their permissions. I could not find anything on the documentation so far, I would appreciate any guidance here! Thanks.

3 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Christian Czaia _Decadis AG_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 21, 2016

Hi James,

what you'Re trying to achieve is not possible out of the box. There is just one "System dashboard" and it's not dynamic - thus identical for all users.  So it's best to keep the sys dashboard generic and create group-based dashboards that can be shared with different stakeholders.

Cheers,

Christian

1 vote
Michael Partyka
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 21, 2016
0 votes
Florian Kollin March 21, 2016

Hi James,

when you publish a dashboard you can choose if everyone should be able to see it ("shared with all users") or if it should be only visible for a certain user group. In your case you could handle the permissions via groups and then don't allow your freelancers (for example...) to see the dashboards for the admins. 

Does that help?

Best regards,
Florian 

Suggest an answer