Sys Admin rights for JIRA OnDemand?

Frank Vidal July 24, 2014

I'm trying to add a Confluence gadget url to the gadget directory on my on demand version of JIRA. To do so, I need to be a part of the system-administrators group, but I am unable to add myself to this group. Since I am the overall admin for JIRA and Confluence, and I'm the one who registered for the OnDemand versions of JIRA and Confluence, shouldn't I have this access?

4 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 24, 2014

No. Full System Admin rights are for Atlassian OnDemand support only. You won't get this level of access.

See https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/AOD/Restricted+Functions+in+Atlassian+OnDemand

Frank Vidal July 24, 2014

Thanks. If I send the URL for the confluence gadget I would like to add to the directory in JIRA/Agile to support, will they do that for me?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 25, 2014

If your Confluence is the same OnDemand account, I'd expect the gadget to be there already. But yes, if it's not, I think you need to raise a support call to find out why and get it enabled.

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
August 10, 2014

No. System admin rights are for Atlassian only, as above.

Site admin is needed to maintain users, and of course, that means they can put themselves in all the other admin groups.

0 votes
ratna piddaparti August 10, 2014

Would it be possible to give access to a admin to add/remove users ? Or does this require site admin access ?

0 votes
Frank Vidal July 25, 2014

Thanks Nic!

Suggest an answer