Syntax highlighting

Peter Penkalla June 6, 2013

Would it possible to get a syntax highlight for Jira on-demand clients?

We discoverred https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/jira.plugin.syntaxhighlighter.macro.syntaxplugin

and would be happy to use it but it's unfortunately not available for on-demand.

How are the chances?

Thx Peter

4 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
AmandaA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 6, 2013

Hey Peter,

I have added the question tag 'addon-jira.plugin.syntaxhighlighter.macro.synt' as most of the vendor they search questions here by using the tag.

As OnDemand has the restrict permission on the plugins, you may contact the vendor and request them to apply from Atlassian to get pass on the OnDemand Plugins.

Here is the vendor contact detail page:

https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/jira.plugin.syntaxhighlighter.macro.syntaxplugin/version/75/support

Peter Penkalla June 12, 2013

Hi Amanda,

thx for your feedback I contacted the vendor and he's happy to apply for this but he's not sure where this can be done.

Can you let me know how to help him or contact the vendor directly to give him a helping hand?

Thanks allot! :)

1 vote
David Garcia Garcia August 25, 2016

It's a shame JIRA does not support syntax higlighting for mainstream languages such as PHP, C#, etc...

Alex Kalinin October 14, 2016

Second that. JIRA is extensively used for software engineering, yet it doesn't support syntax highlighting. It's befuddling. As far as the self-hosted option goes—it's 2016, and people are switching TO the cloud, not in the other direction.

I hope Atlassian either approves the existing plugin for the cloud usage, or implements its own with haste.

Robert Newman January 18, 2017

Third that. Also, the original request is over 3.5 years old. Amazing that nothing has been done to support this.

1 vote
Joe Clark
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 21, 2013

Atlassian is not accepting any new third-party add-ons in OnDemand at this point in time.

Going forward, we encourage all add-on vendors to look at our new Atlassian Connect framework, which will allow add-ons to integrate with OnDemand in a secure and scalable way.

0 votes
Tibor Hegyi _META-INF_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
June 6, 2013

Hi, you cannot deploy all plugin to OnDemand instances but only a few featured once and those that are already prepared to support OnDemand. Seemingly this plugin is not compatible with OnDemand.

Here are the list of JIRA OnDemand plugins.

Suggest an answer