Syncing problem - joggler

MichaelChlubna June 15, 2016

Hi, there is a syncing problem in the Activity Stream (in dashboard). When we start Toggle (Start Time Tracking), there is a new entry in the Activity Stream every five minutes even though it is still the same one activity. Therefore there is multiple logging of the same activity and the Activity Stream is confusing and cluttered. 

Could you please solve this problem? Is it a feature or a bug? Thanks a lot.

2016_06_15_22_20_04.png

2 answers

0 votes
MichaelChlubna June 15, 2016

Hi Benno,

we found this workaround as well, but filtering other edits is a deal-breaker for us. I was thinking whether it would be possible to implement a choice, how often to synchronize the toggl with JIRA. If we could set a longer interval, for example once a day, it would be great, as it would only log the time once a day which would be a lot more descriptive for the whole team, as it would show how many hours did someone work through the day.

What do you think? Or is there some problem in this implementation that I'm missing?

Thanks,

Michael

Deleted user June 16, 2016

I rather see https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRA-59630 fixed.  I'm really not sure if we should add the option to only synchronize once a day, I fear it will add to the confusion. How would you name this option?

Benno

MichaelChlubna June 16, 2016

Me too, but we both know it will take a long time before this is fixed, mostly because not many people need this feature.

I would simply add a dropdown like:

"How often should Joggler synchronize work log with Toggl"
"every 5 minutes (default)"
"every hour"
"once a day" (this option would show additional input for the time of the day, when the sync should happen)

This would be in the Joggler settings in JIRA with some explanation, why would users need to change it - to de-clutter the Activity Stream.

Michael 

Deleted user June 28, 2016

Hi Michael

I've added the new setting to the joggler admin page. Update joggler addon to the latest version and go to the admin page.

Regards

Benno

MichaelChlubna July 1, 2016

Hi Benno,

it s awesome, thank you very much for this tweak.

Michael

0 votes
Deleted user June 15, 2016

Hi Michael

This is a well known issue. Joggler does update the worklog every 5 minutes. Unfortunately this is logged in the activity stream and we have found no way to suppress this. We have configured an activity stream filter like this on our own jira:

Screen Shot 2016-06-16 at 09.22.15.png

This filters out the worklog updates, but of course also all other edits. Maybe you want to create a feature request with Atlassian to add worklog update filters to activity filter options?

Regards

Benno

Suggest an answer