Syncing a SharePoint list with Jira at regular intervals

Ryan Hood April 10, 2012

Hi,

I was just wondering if it is possible to sync a SharePoint based list of projects, tasks, assignees, descriptions, status, etc with our company data in Jira. It looks like there is no direct support for SharePoint lists which I guess would mean that we would need to export the list as a CSV and then manually import it through your import UI. Is there a way to automate this and possibly import it every night through some scripting and an API?

Is the import tool intended for users to upload bulk data on one occasion and then manage it on Jira from there on out or does it encourage frequent updating? For example, if my SharePoint list has identical information to my Jira products except for a couple of fields, if I re-import that full SharePoint list again will it cause mass duplication? Will it ignore duplicates and update the few fields that I would like changed? This is what I am looking to clarify.

Thank you for your help.

3 answers

0 votes
Jennifer Zou June 2, 2017

I want to do the same thing!!! Do you have any solutions?

0 votes
Dipti K February 25, 2014
Hi Chin, I am looking for similar scenario where items from sharepoint are synced ro jira at regular intervals. Do we full proof plugin for the same
0 votes
John Chin
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 22, 2012

Hi Ryan,

I notice there is third party plugin known as Connector for SharePoint and JIRA. Please give it a try. Kindly ensure your JIRA instance is able to compatible with the plugin.

For more information, you could refer to this wiki.

I hope it helps.

Regards,

John Chin

Suggest an answer