Synchronize users and groups

marco_agliani June 24, 2016

hello, I recently bought and installed JIRA Sw (Server), Confluence (Server) and Bitbucket (server), how can I synchronize groups and users in all applications?

Thank you much

1 answer

0 votes
Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 24, 2016

If you are connecting to LDAP, you can do it from all applications.

If not, you can have JIRA as the user directory and connect to JIRA from Confluence and Bitbucket. This would keep all users/groups in one place.

In both cases, you can manage permissions separately in the individual applications.

I've create the same users in all application, but (for example) if I change the password of a user in JIRA it doesn't change in bitbucket. Or if I assign a user to a project in jira, system doesn't assign the user to the same project in bitbucket. it's possible to do it?

Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 24, 2016

If you created the same users in all applications, they are internal users in those applications. Changing password in one application won't change it in the other. You need to create the users only in JIRA and then connect the other apps to it. Or you can connect all apps to the company LDAP/AD.

The second part is not possible directly. Assigning a user to a JIRA project won't automatically add it to Bitbucket Server. The only way to do it is to use the same groups in both applications and then by adding the user to that group. You can do that when all the users/groups reside in a single place.

If i try to connect the User Directories in Confluence or in Bitbucket (after I've configure JIRA user server in JIRA) I receive this error:

Connection test failed. Response from the server:
com.atlassian.crowd.exception.ApplicationPermissionException: ����n�0 ��}�� 0)ɤ�m��I;L�v�2��L%���n{�ZQ��ۜH�?�O�$Ik�6� y�{)k`ֲ��ol�n� L���t�� �'�l�N��'�M�5��� ���$[��/3B�_��i�Q�'G Q�"���S�E��T���}�Yɿ���ZI�� �E!���̘t*a*!ƕ � H]���L�_����Y#�v��Y A栘�L�u9Ƿ�2S\� {�k�:�7������ ���VAn! �J?�(�ڜ#E� 8,�"�nվ�����C����zf ���k��;���5�3hL�Ā��3�|Ո�}I�a_�%���+��e��%�z�Co>c)���xL�A���F�j&b���n��.�������%z52�?+��s�u�Ks�yӨ}�ĕ�pZBJ �"D��� ��V�/�Ѩ�[L=� &��X5��ܠ5}�5 ��Ă ��-i��{% ����3�ҭȪ��C�� �Hy �D�e.Y ��_���sp���e��r�K �J��~���;�l� J���� 1V%����X=� �E) -FG�ݽR���������n�H�X\ �����0�qD�͟u�p ���'{��K!��'8������0 ����c�4}�N RyA�蠔B���J�!��ЪfZ.g�)������?#ݰ� �� %b]n!����ʞ�����=�$�R ��D�Q�W�V�}�s�p��L��$ �8϶H���e�υb�`?B" bÉ&����Y�z�f��W���x�)���iN/[�[ yQ��xk�hF] ��{�&�����W����G�1='"��Qk��se�M��Z��!d���C��H�BY�|z�E�C���ϨklP&q�E���I�j׹҅�ӽ:��t�@G�N[1™�̎��E��a���� nd=�+�^$�H�p�����V��u��q��jϽәW�U"������oH �z��%;G�g�,�� U+*��r��F΃�n{����#jot:G;��9�j�k{�B��e� |�S����G�U��V}^�.{�� [1��za����w������ZK��6��W: RZ� ����v[l��@� �_�j#[� �E�{g$٫����t^{�!�� G3�yl"�FV����>�g� ��Q�#Rm]b�Q�X�C����mؾm���#�iC$��t���vF���7�����������\�Ͳhw���\+��sL�V�Dm��Ƀ��N8� ��m/W�^���yYf�k��� �X}�/�o�n^L+�z)3��� X�k3c~ X�����m��l]��_rlC)����nMDž��`�+ ^{ ���^;� ��h� A����2���{k^��?1�|G�/�u];ޞ3�n6Hjk����b�I� Hy^�c�Ceb�� a��ibl��w߿Jf�ӱHR�)&93V����R 1_Y1�9 1��c��uo� ��� & x}>�8C:�,- ��#�ܙ��ƒ�+"~� c� "�W0���V�|���6/��^�C��� ���Ti­��0aҤ� y�B�%��ƚ�OE-���}[�Z���1 �A��E @�,��A�_wgs�j�}h���.����}o��z���٬�p���|o�� �����Ǫ���!��,N�l� �+���1?��:�~�l��e,�V��m���y��ͻ�S]��β�^p������ ��12J0 $1�^�(�┻{���s�=��χ�$� ��xM�~��&�[�e�n�zx( ��k_�^j/ m(D" �A�(��`%��m$YɥE[ZR�f-x��uӂ��-N_j��y{��ǝ�SjxyK���מU��"�ϩ�:��:��^?�2@���S���^|b-��}l1���yuA�a���d��.,`��� ���K����Q�'����;9�>0k��;]�j��E��KP��.Z���"�T�Ο���+@�P���Nݮ��d} � ���ln��#�d�'�ʝÆY����b�bi�F�ҙ�X�� x �-H���� ����y�l߇�����] �~O�醚�h:�G�q:��--

Suggest an answer