Synchronize to retrieve task data in Eclipse (Luna) doesn't do anything and my Issue shows up blank.

Jeremy Davis October 1, 2014

Have integrated Eclipse Luna (4.4.1) with latest version of JIRA and can see the Issues in my task list but no matter what Issue I select, they are all blank. Can open with web browser and see the actual Issue but can't do anything with it inside of Eclipse - so there is no way to link to the workset I have tried to Synchronize to retrieve data multiple times and it doesn't do anything.  Did see somewhere that there can be issues with older versions and customized workflow.  The IntelliJ integration has no issues with the customized workflow.   We are evaluating JIRA and other Atlassian tools as a replacement for IBM Jazz tools and need the ability to work on the Issues within Eclipse.

Screenshot attached.IssueWithIssue.bmp

2 answers

0 votes
jjaroczynski
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 12, 2014

The problem was located in JIRA priorities. Three of them: Low (10001), Medium (10002) and Critical (10003) contained \u0000 characters in the name, e.g. "L\u0000o\u0000w" (Low). These characters were parsed correctly and also stored in Mylyn task data xml files as � but could not be read back because they are not allowed according to xml specification.

IDs of these priorities (10001, ...) suggest that they were added by a user (they were not default/system ones) and redundant null characters in their names were probably side effect of copy & paste or an import from external system.

The solution is to simply fix priorities names in JIRA Administration > Issues > Priorities.
After that please go back to Eclipse, right click JIRA task repository and select Update Repository Configuration from context menu. This way local cache with priorities and other meta data will be refreshed.

Raised Mylyn issue so null characters are not stored in task data xml file: https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=446808

Cheers,
Jacek

0 votes
jjaroczynski
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 12, 2014

This case is being investigated in a support issue. We will post an update here as soon as the solution to the problem is available.

Suggest an answer