Sync-ing 2 JIRA instances?

Nisha Manaktala July 24, 2012

Is it possible to synchronise certain projects and fiellds across 2 JIRA On-demand instances or 1 on-demand and 1 installed?

3 answers

3 votes
Łukasz Krupa August 28, 2019

Hi, 

I'm IssueSYNC Product Owner. 

You can use existing solution to synchronize multiple Jira instances like IssueSYNC. It works for:
- cloud
- server
- data center deployments and supports different Jira version 6, 7, 8 and Jira editions
- Core
- Software
- Service Desk.

You setup whole integration via UI and you can let your project administrator's to setup/tune own synchronization for remote Jira connections prepared by sys admin before.

If you have questions, please contact us.

Cheers,
Łukasz

0 votes
Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 24, 2012

If you are planning to sync automatically, you are better of looking at some solutions like ConnectAll.

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 24, 2012

Projects, yes, you take an export file of everything, then use "import project". I am not sure that this is available in OnDemand, but I think it is.

Fields, I'm not sure. If you mean the field configurations, then no, your only option is manual replication. If you just mean the data in the fields (the issue data) then yes, it's part of "project import"

Thanks Nic, I will check the options on my onDemand instance to confirm.

Hi - the import/export functionality seems to back up the entire JIRA instance not just one project. Also, looks like it has to be a manual excercise which wouldnt work either.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 24, 2012

Not quite - export is "everything". Import allows you to read a full export and import bits of it (or do everything)

Suggest an answer