Sync comments Service desk

Patrik Ytterström May 21, 2019

We have a Server with Jira Software and Jira Service desk and we creates linked issues from service desk to our development team in jira to work on. How can we sync comments between the issues ?
I know automation for jira can sync comments between linked issues in jira projects but cant get it to work between a service desk project and jira project.
Tried this for jira projects "https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-questions/Adding-comments-to-linked-issues/qaq-p/859839"

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Sebastian Krzewiński
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 21, 2019

Hi @Patrik Ytterström 

As I remember in Automation for JIRA plugin you have checkbox to mark comment as public in 'Comment on issue' action.

comment on issue.png

It won't be available if you restrict rule to non-JSD project.

Also you have add-ons to full issues synchronization (statuses, field, comments, workflogs):

- Issue SYNC

- Backbone Issue Sync for JIRA

but in you case I think these solutions are too much.

Regards,

Sebastian

Patrik Ytterström May 21, 2019

This is not what I mean, we get a ticket to a Service Desk project then we create a linked issue in our Jira project and when the customer comments on the Service Desk ticket we want the Jira ticket to receive the comments aswell. I know that https://marketplace.atlassian.com/apps/1213645/exalate-jira-issue-sync-more can do that but I thought automation for Jira could handle that aswell.

Matthias Gaiser _K15t_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 22, 2019

@Patrik Ytterström, you could try if the solution from this post works for you.

On a second look, it looks quite similar to the post you've mentioned.

Patrik Ytterström May 22, 2019

That link you send works if its a linked issue in two jira project on the same instance.
Doesnt work if its one Jira Service Desk and one Jira software project with linked issue.

Getting this in the log for automation for Jira 

Action details:

Branch rule / related issues

No related issues could be found.

Patrik Ytterström May 22, 2019

Found the solution I did the automation in the project instead of global. So your solution is correct. Thanks for the help

Like Heather R likes this
Arantza Diaz November 14, 2019

Hi @Patrik Ytterström 

I have the same problem as you, but I'm not able to find the solution, could you mind to show me step by step how did you do it?

Thanks in advance

Arantza

Arantza Diaz November 14, 2019

Finally I found the solution!! :)

Steve Lundstrom April 5, 2020

@Arantza Diaz or @Patrik Ytterström  - could either of you provide info here on how you were able to accomplish this between Service Desk and Jira?  I don't want to have to use 3rd party add-ins, if possible.  Thanks.

WasimBuden April 9, 2020

@Steve Lundstrom There is no free way to do this, I raised a ticket and Atlassian is playing it very safe to admit/declare that comment sync between Jira and Jira service desk is free or we need to use plugins / pay for it.

The sad part is - we need to pay for both Jira and Jira service desk just to link issues and now to have comments sync paying again. If you compare all these small bundles of payments I guess you can have a better experience with vintage tools like service now and BMC. 10$ user is just of no use.

Lucian Dragomir July 1, 2020

@WasimBuden @Steve Lundstrom that 3rd party plugin Automation was bought by Atlassian and you can use it for free = it's embedded in Jira/JSD. so follow that link and use Automation to solve your needs.

Suggest an answer