Switching to a different User Directory

Jason Plumhoff
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 3, 2014

Not exactly sure how to word this question... We started using JIRA with a user directory that was connected to our active directory server with a DELEGATING user directory type. We'd like to switch to a user directory of type CONNECTOR. This change will allow us to import all users and their information without requiring them to ever log in to JIRA. I can then include them on notifications and such without tying up licenses.

Since both directories would be pointed at the same AD server, user names will be the same between them. If I were to create a new directory of the proper type and put it earlier in the order than the old directory, is this likely to cause any problems? Since all the old users will exist in the new directory, will I be able to safely delete the old directory?

Thanks,

Jason

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 4, 2014

Are yo synchronsing group memberships too? If not, the user in delegated directory might have different group memberships compared to the one in LDAP. And that will result in permission issues.

I don't see any other issues. Just make sure the groups are also same.

Suggest an answer