Switching burn-down chart from hours to story points?

Pietros November 28, 2014

Our burndown chart shows only hours estimated and spent, which is great but I would like to see the story points, too. I just cannot figure out how to switch it.

An additional question: is it correct that I cannot see the number of story points when I open an issue? I only see the number of SP in the planning board (in the small icon) or in the detail tab. And I assume it is correct that I cannot change SPs once the story is in a sprint.

3 answers

1 accepted

Comments for this post are closed

Community moderators have prevented the ability to post new answers.

Post a new question

0 votes
Answer accepted
cgauterio
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 28, 2014

Hi Petr,

The burndown chart uses the Estimation Statistic set for your board, which in this case, it seems to be the Original Estimate field. Please edit the Estimation Statistic of your board to display Story Points and you should be all set.

As for your additional question, it seems the Story Points field is not present in the screen used to create issues.  Please see Configuring Screens for more details about this.

Hope this helps.

Cheers,

Clarissa.

Pietros November 28, 2014

Actually the Estimation statistic is set to Story points. As for the appearance, I cannot see them in the Issue navigator either, only in the planning board,

1 vote
Renjith Pillai
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 30, 2014
  • Story point burndown makes sense at a slightly higher level/duration. It's visible in the Epic Charts and Release Burndowns. And it makes sense to continue to use Original Estimate as the estimation static at a sprint level and more accurate Sprint burndowns.
  • Story point can be see at the issue level. Check the View Issue Screen and see if that field is added as @Clarissa Gauterio said.
  • Changing of story points is not recommended, while it can be changed and it impacts the charts in different ways - https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/AGILE/Viewing+the+Release+Burndown
0 votes
Phil Ricci June 5, 2015

While I am an administrator for the board I am working with, I am not able to change the estimation statistics fields (either time tracking, or estimation statistics), those fields are both grayed out for me.  Is there something I'd need to do prior to attempting to make that change?