Switching Assignee photos when an issue switches lanes

nshafigh September 13, 2019

So I have a Story/Bug/Task that I would like to move from my IN PROGRESS lane to TESTING lane. 

That Story/Bug/Task is assigned to a Developer via the Assignee Label. I created a QA label so that when it goes from IN PROGRESS to TESTING the QA tester picking that Story/Bug/Task up can put their own picture in the QA label instead of removing the develop from Assignee and replacing it with their picture. We would like see which developer and QA are picking up the same issue. 

My problem is when I switch the Story/Bug/Task to the testing lane, even though the QA tester has put their picture in the QA label, the active sprint board still shows the developers picture. I would like the picture to change to the QA label photo when it goes to the testing lane.

How do I go about doing that? 

1 answer

0 votes
Ste
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 13, 2019

Hi @nshafigh

Do you mean the assignee icon square? Unfortunately this is not customisable based on normal functionality.

The user picker custom field is a little more limited than the default user picked fields. 

Ste

nshafigh September 16, 2019

Ste,

I don't want to change the assignee icon. 

Here's a little more of what I am trying to accomplish. You can see the assignees below. For example, if the assignee Andrew is moving his bug from Code Review to Testing, Tarun the QA will pick it up. I created the QA label as you can see in the second photo. When the issue moves from Code Review to Testing I just want the picture on the board to change from assignee to QA. 

As of now when I switch the issue to testing Andrew's picture will still show on the board when I want the picture to switch to QA label Tarun. 

board.pngqa photo.png

Ste
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 16, 2019

Hi @nshafigh

The picture as in the assignee image / avatar which each user has assigned? Such as a cartoon avatar and a photo of themselves (for example, on the Community yours is an "N" in a circle).

This isn't configurable at this stage.

Ste

Suggest an answer