Switch to the new design layout introduced with JIRA 5.2

Roman Wünsche March 27, 2013

I've just migrated our confluence and jira installation to the new versions. Confluence got a nice new design which is also advertised in the JIRA wiki articels. My JIRA 5.2 update hasn't changed anything in the look&feel.

In a confluence article here on atlassian.com, I've read that the new design is only available for the onDemand customers and the standalone download package will be updated at later stage. This comment was from 11/2012. Do we have an ETA for this or is it already available as a separate download?

Thanks in advance

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
LucasA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 15, 2013

Hi Roman,

The new header on the top will be enabled only in JIRA 6 by default. Hence, in JIRA 5.2+ you can enable it as a dark feature (which is a development resource, but previewed in the product). Anyhow, to enable this dark feature, follow the steps below:

1. Browse to Administration -> System -> General Configuration -> Advanced Settings;
  2. On the jira.enable.dark.features role, add the property com.atlassian.jira.darkfeature.CommonHeader

It will work after that.

Best regards,
Lucas Timm

mio April 15, 2013

Hi Lucas,

thanks for your fast reply. However adding this property and saving it does not provoke any changes. Can you tell me/us if we have to do something in addition? (We're using v5.2.10).

Greets

Mio

Roman Wünsche April 15, 2013

Hi Lucas,

Thanks for your reply. Worked on my end!

@mio I had to enable the dark feature on a different page:
https://yoursite.com/secure/admin/SiteDarkFeatures!Default.jspa

Best regards
Roman

mio April 15, 2013

@Roman ;-)

Roman Wünsche April 15, 2013

Damn, too late! ;)

mio April 15, 2013

For every one having the same issue: Just go to <<JIRA-URL>>/secure/admin/SiteDarkFeatures!default.jspa and add the obove mentions option here.

LucasA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 15, 2013

lol, I was also testing this on JIRA 5.2.10. My 5.2.10 was working with common header, but I have upgraded it from JIRA 5.2.5. Also worked for me on a vanilla JIRA 5.2.10 via secure/admin/SiteDarkFeatures!Default.jspa. Nice work guys!

0 votes
mio April 15, 2013

It's interesting for mee, to!

Suggest an answer