Switch from OD versions to a regular setup?

Florian Gentschow February 26, 2014

Hey guys,

we are using JIRA and Confluence with a local installation on a server inside the company infrastructure. Since we used the OnDemand service from Atlassian before, i had to use a "OD" version of this products to be able to restore our data from the OnDemand services.

On the Atlassian website i see, that new versions of jira and confluence are available. But my "OD" installations (Confluence 5.2-OD-13-1 and JIRA 6.0.5#6102) do not show any possibilities to update.

I think the problem is, that we are on the "OD" versions and that's why i wan't to migrate our systems to the regular versions.

Is there a easy way to do this? Does anybody have a link to best practice or something like that for this usecase?

Thank you very much, kind regards,

Martin

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
JohnA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 27, 2014

Hi Martin,

To migrate off of an OD version onto a regular version of the application is as easy as just upgrading to a higher version, so in your case 5.3.4 for Confluence and JIRA 6.1.7 would probably be good versions for you to upgrade to. You can read about upgrading JIRA and Confluence in our documentation on the subject, linked below:

Upgrade Confluence: https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/DOC/Upgrading+Confluence

Upgrade JIRA: https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Upgrading+JIRA

The most important thing before you perform the upgrades are to test them first in a test environment, and also to ensure that you take backups before performing the upgrades unless you need to rollback. However, these steps are documented in the upgrade guides, so just follow the instructions and you should be fine.

All the best,
John

0 votes
Florian Gentschow March 5, 2014

Worked well, upgrade finished!

Thank you very much,

Kind regards,

Martin

Suggest an answer