Swimlane "Other Issues" contains stories even though they have subtasks

Perrine Guardiola April 4, 2016

Hello,

I have an active sprint board congigured with swimlanes by stories.

Two stories are correctly shown each in its swimlane, with subtasks listed.

The 5 other stories are grouped under the "Other issues" swimlane. They all have subtasks as well, and I cannot see the difference with the first two (some are even part of the same Epic)

Any hint?

Thanks for your help !

3 answers

1 vote
Perrine Guardiola April 18, 2016

I solved my problem.

It came from missing labels ><

All subtasks need to have the labels used in the filter..... 

0 votes
Nicolaas Kotze December 13, 2017

SOLVED: I experienced the same issue right after I modified the workflow.

When this occur, navigate to the Project Agile Board's Column Management page.

From here, make sure you have the correct statuses mapped to the column from the "Unmapped Statuses" column.

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 4, 2016

I'd suspect that the "other 5 stories" are of a different issue type - they're not "stories", but issue types at the same level.

Perrine Guardiola April 4, 2016

Hello,

No, they are all stories. I just checked again.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 5, 2016

Sorry for the delay, missed the comment email earlier.

I've made a mistake here, it's nothing to do with issue type, it's because swimlanes for stories with no sub-tasks are pointless - there's nothing to put in the swimlane, so the board just lists the stories on a single line. 

Perrine Guardiola April 7, 2016

Yes, I agree.

But all my User Stories contain subtasks, so that is why I don't understand why they are grouped in this swimlane...

I was wondering if there were any other setting that could make them appear in this "other issues" swimlane, that I would need to change so that they can be in their own swimlane?

Thanks

Melinda Atkinson February 9, 2017

I am experiencing this same issue - did you ever get a response or resolution.

I see Stories with sub-tasks grouped under 'Other Stories' which is not what I expect to see.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
February 9, 2017

We need to see the definitions of your swimlanes.

Suggest an answer