Swimlane counter is incorrect - anyone know why?

I have JIRA and for some bizarre reason, the counters for the swimlanes are grossly out of sync with the number of items listed in the column.

I have re-indexed, refreshed and all that but no joy. The counter may read 2 items, but there may be SIX when you look. This happens to all columns (To do, In progress, Code review, Ready to test, Test fails/Returns and Done columns)

Please help - it really makes managing the daily scrums and other planning difficult. 

3 answers

0 votes
GabrielleJ
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 9, 2015

Screenshots please smile

0 votes
Dennis Poort November 8, 2015

The Swimlane counter usually differs from the column counter, since the column counter is the sum of all swimlane counters per column, and the swimlane counter is the sum of all columns in this swimlane.

So generally, you can't compair a swimlane counter with a column counter. If this doesn't answer your question, a screenshot may be useful to help you more.

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 8, 2015

What do you mean by "swimlane counter" here?  I've got a feeling you're looking at the columns estimates rather than numbers of issues...

Suggest an answer