Swimlane by Story breaks ranking for Stories without sub-issues

Deleted user December 4, 2013

Hi.

On a Scrum board we're using Swimlane by Story, which is exactly what we need. There is one problem however; standard issue types without any sub issues is push down to the bottom to the "Other Issues" swimlane, ignoring the rank of the issue in question. This is a problem because issues are easily forgotten in the heat of the battle from time to time, and before you know the sprint is over and this important issue was never done.

Of course the qiuck fix for this is to give every standard issue type a sub issue, this is all very good for Story (and the like) where you can add a "Test"-task or "Write doc"-task etc. For non-programming tasks like (self defined) "Investigation" or something similiar, this approach doesn't seem like the right way.

How can we keep the Story-swimlane, and at the same time get those standard issues without sub issues up from the "Other Issues" swimlane, so that their ranking is displayed correctly in the Work-view?

1 answer

0 votes
John Gordon December 5, 2013

I have the exact same issue. I hate creating sub tasks just to preserver the ranking. I see this was reported back in February 2013. View it and vote it up!

https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/GHS-7797

Ray Oei July 24, 2019

Well... 2019 by now... nothing changed... 

Like Wilhelm Fauma likes this
neskoromniy_alexey October 26, 2020

Well... 2020 by now... nothing changed...

s April 21, 2021

Well... 2021 by now... nothing changed...

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events