Swapping two Steps in an active Workflow

Elif Alverson January 5, 2016

Hello, 

I am trying to swap two steps in an active workflow. Any ideas how to do it?

Thanks!

1 answer

1 vote
GabrielleJ
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 5, 2016

What do you mean by swap? If you mean switch the Status Transitions, you can easily do this by creating a draft of the active workflow then Delete/Add the transitions that you like. You can also use the "Diagram" mode so you can just drag/drop/delete the transitions between the statuses. Much easier smile

Elif Alverson January 6, 2016

Here is what I am trying to do: I am asked to add a new step to an existing workflow which has no transitions between each other. When I add a new step/status it shows up at the end which is after the status/step done on the text screen. I would like to swap done and the new step/status which is called QA. 

GabrielleJ
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 6, 2016

Where are you adding it? Add it as a transition in the workflow step that you want to come from.

Suggest an answer