Surveyy mail in JIRA

Rita YOUNES [Infosysta]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 27, 2014
Hello. Our customer would like to configure a Survey mail.that is mean when we close an issue for his client he want to send a mail and ask him about his opinion ? Or after one week without response,he send a mail to ask him about the issue? how can i configure the mail ? Best Regards Rita

2 answers

0 votes
Peter Van de Voorde
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 27, 2014

Hi Rita,

While it is certainly possible to send an custom email for issues that fullfill a certain JQL query (status = closed and updatedate = -7d) it's how you are going to collect the replies that will be the challenge (like Andy rightfully indicates).

You could do this using a custom transition (from Closed to Closed) that triggers an event that will send out a custom email. Auto Executing this transition could be done using jelly scripts and a jelly service for example.

You could ofcourse send the customer a link to an online form where he could fill in the questions (you might even be able to populate certain hidden fields in the form using url parameters (issue id for example).

Best regards,

Peter

Rita YOUNES [Infosysta]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 23, 2014

Hello ,i mean that i would like to customize my mail it means that i would for example put a sentences when iu send a mail like JIRA do when they send mail for their client ,it is possible to change in the structure of the mail?

Thanks

0 votes
Andy Brook [Plugin People]
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 27, 2014

I dont have a solution, but wonder how you see this working;

The content of the mail is what, static text? the user just replies inline or at the top of the message (emails are not structured), makes analysis of the response hard to aggregate, but OK if its 'how was your issue' type feedback.

The responses go to a different user, back to JIRA for comment (you probably wouldn't want the issue reopened, or have the remote user notified?)

Suggest an answer