Supported Driver for MS SQL Server 2014 JIRA

Deleted user August 28, 2017

Hello,

i am planning to install JIRA on a Windows 2012 server. The MS SQL 2014 database will be installed on a different server, that is not administrable by myself. Therefore I need a very specific specification about setting up the MS SQL server and the database for JIRA. I found a hint that JIRA MS SQL Server 2014 need JTDS driver.

Can you confirm that this driver is needed for running JIRA on MS SQL? Do i need to install this driver on the database server or is this driver already included in JIRA? Can you tell me the specific version of JTDS?

Thanks in advance

Natalie

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 28, 2017

The installation documentation doesn't hint, it absolutely states that you need the JTDS driver. 

In theory, you could use the MS drivers, but Microsoft have written drivers that are so poorly designed and coded, they are unusable. 

The installer will ask you for them if it needs it, but the right version is bundled with more recent versions.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events