Support for custom field validations

Prabhakar Dhataram March 16, 2016

We are currently in the process of evaluating JIRA for our project and wondering whether JIRA supports configuring validations on the custom fields, for the following scenarios:

1. Reset the date on a custom date field, when a value changes for any one of the two dependent custom fields
  2. Capturing a particular workflow transition date
  3. Selecting a value from a custom Select List, depending on a value selected in another custom select list
  4. Selecting a value from a custom Select List, depending on a value selected in another custom select list, during a transition
  5. Filter the values from a custom Select List, based on the selected value in the same Select List
  6. Filter the values from a custom Select List, based on the selected value in another custom Select List
  7. Validate a value from custom field (Text field or Select List), during a transition
  8. Validate a field (Text field or a Select List) value, depending on two other custom dependent field values

Any response would be greatly appreciated! Thanks in advance!!!

3 answers

1 vote
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 16, 2016

Off the shelf, most of those can not be done.

• 5. describes a cascading-select list, I think

With add-ons (free add-ons, and on cloud or Server)

With paid add-ons, you can do the rest too, although I think you'll need several, unless you get the Script Runner (with Behaviours) which can do all of them, and that is currently Server only.

0 votes
codecentric AG March 24, 2016

The Workflow Essentials Plugin will also work for some of your listed requirements.

https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/de.codecentric.jira.wes/server/overview

0 votes
Prabhakar Dhataram March 17, 2016

Thanks Brough, for your response.

On the available Add-ons:

I came across this: JIRA Misc Workflow Extensions

Would you please point me to any other add-ons that could come in handy for my situation?

Thanks!

Suggest an answer