Support custom fields and languages

Stephan Bielmann
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 20, 2012

Hello Atlassian,

are there any plans to support more than just the default language of JIRA for issue collectors? And what about custom fields, there are lots of them out in the marketplace, however I was unable to use the ones I was working with to be shown on a issue collector.

2 answers

0 votes
Renjith Pillai
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 24, 2012
Stephan Bielmann
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 2, 2013

Yes I did, but setting fields values with java script as described there, does not work with these custom fields.

0 votes
John Chin
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 21, 2012

Hi Stephan,

I believe the default language of JIRA 5.2.x was able to change language in Issue Collector. Please let me know which language that not able to change in your JIRA instance.

For third party plugin, you may file the report to particular plugin issue tracker system to keep track the record there. I believe since you're their customer and they would provide much better answer for you.

Regards,

John Chin

Stephan Bielmann
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 2, 2013

The field names are shown to the anonymous users in the language the administrator user has selected in his profile. Everything else is shown in the default language of the JIRA instance. That is also the way as it is documented for the issue collector plugin. Thus anonymous users not understanding that one single language, will be unable to use the issue collector form.

Thanks for the hint, I did contact the developer of that third party plugin, to see what could be changed/improved to make the provided custom fields appear in the issue collector form.

Suggest an answer