Support Jira: removed a field, how can I get it back

Roos Lesmeister December 18, 2016

I have removed a field (title) and can not find it anymore. Since apparently this a mandatory field and I typed in 'hide' as display name to show in case it was not filled in, all support tickets are created with the name 'hide'. How can I get the field back or not make title mandatory anymore?

2 answers

0 votes
Roos Lesmeister December 19, 2016

Hi Michael,

Sorry I was not clear. I did the following:

• Support jira: you can create your own issue types with the specific fields you want to see.
  • For one of the issues types I deleted the default field: Title.
  • Apparently this is a mandatory field for this issue type, and therefore when I create an issue the subject always says "hide".
  • So I thought I add the field: title again. But it isn't in the list. I therefore created my customized field: title, but that ofcourse doesn't work.

So what I want: to add the field: title back to the issue type.

I tried to make a whole new issue type, but title isn't an available field anymore that I can add.

Hope you can help me. Thanks.

Roos.

MK December 19, 2016

i think the name "Title" is missleading here, it looks like the field you search for is "Summary" which is in your first screenshot under "Hidden fields with preset values"

Roos Lesmeister December 21, 2016

Thanks Michael, that was indeed the issue! It is solved now, thanks a lot!

0 votes
MK December 18, 2016

Hello,

not sure if i understand you correct, but jira-admins can search for fields with the admin-helper.

admin-helper.jpg

here is a link to the doku:
https://confluence.atlassian.com/adminjiraserver072/jira-admin-helper-828788195.html

Regards

Suggest an answer