Summary status of a project on the dashboard

FHCRC PMO March 1, 2014

Our team works on multiple projects simeltaneously and we employ a Kanban board to track and manage content. This also acts as the task board to report back to upper management and aid us during our standup meetings.

We now have a big project that we would like to use a separate Scrum board board. This board can contain the work items during a sprint cycle.

My question is - Is there a way to have one or a couple of task(s) on the main Kanban board which reports/links to the Scrum board? And, preferably, have it transition as the sprint tasks flow through.

This would let us have the main board still work as the single point of reference for status reporting.

Thanks in advance

1 answer

0 votes
Ivar
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 2, 2014

A Jira issue is "one" issue, no matter what board it is on. So if you just make sure that the filter on the boards include the issue, you will be able to see all transitions on both boards. E.g. "in progress" will be seen as "in progress" on both boards.

FHCRC PMO March 9, 2014

I understand that. But, what I would like to have is a detailed view on one board and then a summary. for eg. "Feature 1", "Feature 2" etc., on another (Kanban). Feature 1 might contain multiple "use case" scenarios, which will appear on the Scrum board.

I hope this is clear.

Ivar
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 9, 2014

Then I believe the closest you get is by using epics. You track progress "per epic" based on the user stories that are are part of it. I do not know of anything in Jira supporting what you are after. Maybe others do.

Suggest an answer