Summary seach is not working as expected

Blommetje January 8, 2014

Hi,

I have Jira OnDemand. I use search a lot but for finding the summary. For example i have issue "ev-NX30ZZ"

When is search for "ev-nx30" or "nx30" the issue is not found.

Is it possible to search in the Summary ONLY and use wildcards? I want this set as the default search function.

thnx!

1 answer

0 votes
Peter Van de Voorde
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 8, 2014

Hi Maarten,

you can use the following JQL to search on the summary using wildcards :

summary ~ "%nx30%"

I don't think you can set the default search function.

Best regards,

Peter

BTW : men beste wensen voor 2014 :)

Hi, yeah, I tried doing that but it seems like wildcards are not working. I can do this with the Basic Searcher and than add the Field 'Summary' and type "%nx30%" but it does not work. When I type the entire value, the issue is found.

Even in Advanced Mocde and typing the the string you posted it gives nothing. Is it possible Wildcards are turned off?

BTW: Jij ook een goed jaar!

Peter Van de Voorde
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 8, 2014

And if you try "*nx30*" ?

Nope, nothing. I get an error with your last suggestion. * is not allowed as first char for searches. Searching "%nx30*" also gives nothing. Is % a supoprted wildcard?

Peter Van de Voorde
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 8, 2014

After some more research : no % isn't a supported wildcard, my mistake.

It seems to be a known issue that you can't start a text search with a wildcard, look here for the issue : https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRA-6218

Could you try the following in advanced search : summary ~ "nx30*"

It's wierd that my local instance didn't give an error messages on the wildcards.

Suggest an answer