Summary autocomplete

Shinjani Gaur October 14, 2014

In JIra, as the "Summary" is being filled in, is there a way to auto-fill/autocomplete based on existing issue summaries? 

2 answers

0 votes
Steven F Behnke
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 15, 2014
0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 14, 2014

No, you'd need to write code to do that.  

Having summaries autocomplete probably is not a useful idea though - a summary is supposed to be something short and descriptive of a unique issue, not the same thing over and over again.

Geoff Saulnier April 19, 2017

I disagree - you would want to be guided to use similar or the same summary for similar or the same issues.  This keeps language consistent and allows searches to actually turn up what you're looking for.

Like Deryck Henson likes this
Deryck Henson February 19, 2020

Disagree as well.  If an issue (or seven) exist already for what I'm typing in the summary input, I want to know before getting through the whole creation.  Need to prevent multiple issues for the same problem causing double the work to be done for no reason :(

Suggest an answer