Sum of custom field from all the linked child stories to a field in parent story

Swapnil Tiwari July 5, 2017

Consider below scenario -

I have field in story - "Field_1"

I have created link - Outward Description > is parent of

Inward Description > is child of

Now,

I want to sum up the values from all the child stories to parent story.

(We can have a scripted field configured to carry the sum of the values. Let that field be Field_2)

Eg- 

I have a parent story AB-123

I have three child stories linked to AB-123, let that be AB-124, AB-125, and AB126.

I want to sum the value of Field_1 of all the child stories to Field_2 of the parent story.

Can anyone help me out.

1 answer

1 vote
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 5, 2017

You say you have a "scripted field" for field_2. 

That means you have a scripting add-on and you should be able to create another scripted field for "read all subtasks for the data of field 2 and place it in field 1 on the parent".  It should be able to do simply issue.getSubtasks() to get the list.

Swapnil Tiwari July 5, 2017

Hi Nic,

I want to have those fields on story.

I do not want to use subtasks.

Thank you

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 5, 2017

Ah, sorry, you talked about "child" issues, which means "sub-task" in JIRA-speak.  I didn't realise you meant issue-links, so there's no child relationship.

You'll need issue.getOutwardIssueLink() instead of subtasks.

Swapnil Tiwari July 6, 2017

Can you help me with the complete expression which  I should use?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
July 6, 2017

Sorry, yes, that issue.<function> is wrong.

How you get the list of links is highly dependent on where you are in JIRA, but you'll probably end up needing to use an issueLinkManager - see https://docs.atlassian.com/jira/7.3.8/com/atlassian/jira/issue/link/IssueLinkManager.html

Suggest an answer