Suggestion for Jira Mobile Apps

Mahdi Challouf November 18, 2019

Hey, 

I need your suggestion about running Jira on mobile and which requirements do I need, This is a quick scope for my environment, all Atlassian apps that I have are running with a  Server version 

• Jira Software 8.3.5
  • Jira Service Desk 4.3.5
  • The instance is running over an SSL and a reverse Proxy
  • The instance is not accessible on the public internet (VPN used)
  • SAML SSO Implemented 

So in order to run Jira on mobile we need to install an app for Software and another for service desk?, can someone please explain how to implement these 

Thanks in advance  

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Alexis Robert
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 19, 2019

Hi @Mahdi Challouf , 

this page from the Atlassian documentation should have all the info you're looking for : https://confluence.atlassian.com/jirasoftwareserver/jira-server-mobile-app-966063511.html

Basically, you will be able to access your Jira Software projects, it's fine if you're using a VPN and SSO. But you won't be able to access your Jira Service Desk project as the application does not support it yet.

Let me know if this helps, 

--Alexis

Mahdi Challouf November 19, 2019

Hi @Alexis Robert 

Thanks for your answer, that's what I'm seeing so the application only supports Jira Software if they need to access to Service Desk on mobile they need to access via the browser only.

I'm gathering what I need before moving to the implement thank you :)  

Alexis Robert
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 19, 2019

You're welcome ! Please remember to mark this question as Accepted so that others can find it later :)

Like Mahdi Challouf likes this

Suggest an answer