Suggestion: Typing @ brings up list of users

Neal Culiner
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 29, 2013

Hello,

It's getting to be standard these days that typing @ will reference a user. It would be nice if I wanted to refererence a JIRA user I could do so easily by typing @ and a popup list of suggestions appears.

4 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Kirill Bobrovskikh
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 31, 2013

Hi Neal,

As Jeff noticed this feature is in our roadmap. I'll inform you as soon as we ship it. Meanwhile please use Ctrl+M shortcut to start Mention dialog.

1 vote
Jeff Thomas
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 29, 2013

This is already implemented in JIRA. See the blog post about Using watchers and @mentions effectively for more details.

You will need the Browser Users Global Permission.

Neal Culiner
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 29, 2013

When I type @ nothing happens in the JREditor. I have to use the button with the person and that shows a popup people picker. I'm using google chrome for my browser. When I type @ and/or @n should I be seeing a list appear?

Jeff Thomas
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 29, 2013

Ahh, I didn't know you were using JEditor. I found this answer that says @mentions are on the roadmap for JEditor. You might try contacting them to show your interest.

This feature is in the roadmap and is going to be added. I can't provide exact ETA, but definitely before the end of year.

I hope that helps. If you have any other questions please feel free to ask. We usually respond much faster when contacted directly: support@jiraeditor.com.

Neal Culiner
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 30, 2013

Sorry for the confusion, I thought I was making my initial inquiry targeted to the JEditor folks. Thank you for catching that.

0 votes
Neal Culiner
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 29, 2013

I'm not sure how it should be implement, I would imagine if you start typing it should show matches i.e. if you typed @n it would pull my name and others starting with N.

0 votes
Jeff Thomas
Atlassian Team
October 29, 2013

Hi Neal,

Are you wanting a list of users to popup immediately after typying @ with no characters after?

Suggest an answer