Suggestion: Typing @ brings up list of users

Hello,

It's getting to be standard these days that typing @ will reference a user. It would be nice if I wanted to refererence a JIRA user I could do so easily by typing @ and a popup list of suggestions appears.

4 answers

1 accepted

Accepted Answer
0 votes

Hi Neal,

As Jeff noticed this feature is in our roadmap. I'll inform you as soon as we ship it. Meanwhile please use Ctrl+M shortcut to start Mention dialog.

1 vote
Jeff Thomas Atlassian Team Oct 29, 2013

This is already implemented in JIRA. See the blog post about Using watchers and @mentions effectively for more details.

You will need the Browser Users Global Permission.

When I type @ nothing happens in the JREditor. I have to use the button with the person and that shows a popup people picker. I'm using google chrome for my browser. When I type @ and/or @n should I be seeing a list appear?

Ahh, I didn't know you were using JEditor. I found this answer that says @mentions are on the roadmap for JEditor. You might try contacting them to show your interest.

This feature is in the roadmap and is going to be added. I can't provide exact ETA, but definitely before the end of year.

I hope that helps. If you have any other questions please feel free to ask. We usually respond much faster when contacted directly: support@jiraeditor.com.

Sorry for the confusion, I thought I was making my initial inquiry targeted to the JEditor folks. Thank you for catching that.

0 votes

Hi Neal,

Are you wanting a list of users to popup immediately after typying @ with no characters after?

I'm not sure how it should be implement, I would imagine if you start typing it should show matches i.e. if you typed @n it would pull my name and others starting with N.

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted Tuesday in Jira

Looking for anyone who made the switch to Data Center

The Jira Marketing team is putting together an ebook on migrating to Data Center. We're looking for pro tips on how you staffed your project team and organized your Proof of Concept. Share yo...

45 views 0 2
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you