Suggested workaround doesn't seem to work

Douglas Lee April 14, 2016

This question is in reference to Atlassian Documentation: How to set default value for Summary Field in JIRA

This didn't work for me.  The javascript code was simply printed underneath the Summary field in the Create Issue form.

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Peter T
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 14, 2016

Hi Douglas,

its tricky, if you are not on the cloud, you can use this:

https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/com.gebsun.plugins.jira.defaultvalues/server/overview

Thanks,

Peter T

0 votes

Thanks Peter for the suggestion.  But in my case, I'm using the Cloud version.  Do you know of a similar solution that works with Cloud?

Peter T
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 14, 2016

I am afraid no. The cloud has its perks but quite a lot of limitations too.

If you are interested in migration to on-prem, let me know.

OK.  Then I would suggest updating the KB article.  Currently it says it applies to JIRA On-Demand (aka cloud), which is incorrect.

Steven F Behnke
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 14, 2016

You're right, that is incorrect. We're just a community of users though, most of us cannot update the articles.

There's only a "is this helpful" button, so I marked it as "inaccurate." Hopefully that gets looked at! smile

Ah, thanks for pointing out that this a community forum.

Suggest an answer