Suddenly Jira stopped sending all notifications to all users in all projects

Balvant Biradar August 16, 2017

Dear Team,

Jira software version 7.0.11

In our prod Jira suddenly Jira stopped sending notivications and i am able to send test email from outgoing mail settings and test connection is successful also.

In mail queue no emails are received and error queue is also empty.

I made "Notify me" in my profile but still myself nor any users receiving email notifications.

Please kindly advise me ASAP.

Thanks in advance

Regards.

Balvant

1 answer

2 votes
Mikael Sandberg
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 16, 2017

Are all projects using the same notification scheme? Have you checked it to see if anything has changed in it?

Hi Mikael,

Thanks for quick replay.

I have around 40+ notification scheme and some schemes are shared among projects.

issue is no projects are sending any notification for any events.

It seems mail service is running properly but no emails are recived in mail queue.

I tested via notification helper it shows no error.

Please may i know any plugin is disabling this? because i disabled and re-enabled "Jira field Security" plugin during same time when emails stopped.

https://quisapps.com/products/jfs 

Thanks,

Balvant

removed

no many projects are using different notifications scheme

no many projects are using different notifications scheme

Mikael Sandberg
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 16, 2017

Are there any resent changes to the plugins that you are using? If you put JIRA in safe mode, does that make any changes? If a plugin has changed right around the time emails stopped working than I would contact the vendor for that plugin so they can investigate what is going on. 

thanks I will test by using safe mode 

Balvant Biradar August 17, 2017

Issue was fixed by restart of Jira server.

Suggest an answer