Subversion plugin error: Status: Inactive (svn: Malformed network data)

Hello!

We have problem with Subversion plugin on some of our repos. When I try to check svn log on that repo manualy, it hangs for 2-3minutes on particular revision and then shows whole log. SVN plugin probably has some timeout and it's not waiting for whole log. Maybe there is some variable for that? Or maybe other workaround?

Error log:

QuartzWorker-1 ERROR ServiceRunner Subversion Revision Indexing Service [plugin.ext.subversion.SubversionManagerImpl] Error retrieving changes from the repository.
org.tmatesoft.svn.core.SVNException: svn: Malformed network data
at org.tmatesoft.svn.core.internal.wc.SVNErrorManager.error(SVNErrorManager.java:64)
at org.tmatesoft.svn.core.internal.wc.SVNErrorManager.error(SVNErrorManager.java:51)
at org.tmatesoft.svn.core.internal.io.svn.SVNReader.readItem(SVNReader.java:422)
at org.tmatesoft.svn.core.internal.io.svn.SVNReader.readItem(SVNReader.java:456)
at org.tmatesoft.svn.core.internal.io.svn.SVNReader.readItem(SVNReader.java:456)
at org.tmatesoft.svn.core.internal.io.svn.SVNReader.readItem(SVNReader.java:237)
at org.tmatesoft.svn.core.internal.io.svn.SVNConnection.readItem(SVNConnection.java:284)
at org.tmatesoft.svn.core.internal.io.svn.SVNRepositoryImpl.readItem(SVNRepositoryImpl.java:1287)
at org.tmatesoft.svn.core.internal.io.svn.SVNRepositoryImpl.logImpl(SVNRepositoryImpl.java:730)
at org.tmatesoft.svn.core.io.SVNRepository.log(SVNRepository.java:1034)
at org.tmatesoft.svn.core.io.SVNRepository.log(SVNRepository.java:939)
at org.tmatesoft.svn.core.io.SVNRepository.log(SVNRepository.java:863)
at com.atlassian.jira.plugin.ext.subversion.SubversionManagerImpl.getLogEntries(SubversionManagerImpl.java:134)
at com.atlassian.jira.plugin.ext.subversion.revisions.RevisionIndexer.updateIndex(RevisionIndexer.java:271)
at com.atlassian.jira.plugin.ext.subversion.revisions.RevisionIndexService.run(RevisionIndexService.java:32)
at com.atlassian.jira.service.JiraServiceContainerImpl.run(JiraServiceContainerImpl.java:65)
at com.atlassian.jira.service.ServiceRunner.execute(ServiceRunner.java:52)
at org.quartz.core.JobRunShell.run(JobRunShell.java:195)
at com.atlassian.multitenant.quartz.MultiTenantThreadPool$MultiTenantRunnable.run(MultiTenantThreadPool.java:72)
at org.quartz.simpl.SimpleThreadPool$WorkerThread.run(SimpleThreadPool.java:520)

JIRA version: 4.3.4

SVN plugin version: 0.10.5.4_01

6 answers

The error is from the svnkit. Can you upgrade Jira to allow for later versions of the subversion plugin?

The error is from the svnkit. Can you upgrade Jira to allow for later versions of the subversion plugin?

I can't. I tried to upgrade just svnkit but without result.

0 vote

Hi Norma,

If you don't mind, you could uninstall the svnkit plugin and upgrade to latest JIRA version.

Before you proceed. please do backup your xml file.

After done, reinstall back the svnkit plugin with compatible version and restore the file. I suggest you to try on testing environment or other JIRA instance to confirm the error still occur in your end.

I hope its help.

Regards, John.

I'm having the same problem. I'm runing jira 5.1.8 with subversion plugin v0.10.11.1. This is the newest plugin.

I'm having the same problem. I'm runing jira 5.1.8 with subversion plugin v0.10.11.1. This is the newest plugin.

Hi Michael,

As it turns out, I believe you are actually facing a bug with SVN that is being tracked here:

https://ecosystem.atlassian.net/browse/SVN-364

Some customers mentioned that a restart of the JIRA application resolved the issue, but this is not a confirmed workaround.

Cheers

Suggest an answer

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

Badges are a great way to show off community activity, whether you’re a newbie or a Champion.

Learn more
Community showcase
Published Thursday in Jira

5 ways you can make the most of Jira Software and Bitbucket Cloud

As part of the Bitbucket product team I'm always interested in better understanding what kind of impact the use of our tools have on the way you work. In a recent study we conducted of software devel...

111 views 0 5
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you