Subversion Service uninstall

Norbert
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 7, 2013

Hi

using Jira 5.1.1 and the Subversion plugin 0.10.11
I would like to upgrade to version 0.10.12, so I tried to follow the uninstall instruction on Plugin site
https://ecosystem.atlassian.net/wiki/display/SVN/Subversion+JIRA+plugin

Here it says to delete the service, but I don't have a delete Button/link available
what should i do?

(screenshot with no delete link)

5 answers

1 accepted

3 votes
Answer accepted
Justin Alex Paramanandan
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 8, 2013

Hmm, since it's version 0.10.11, it is a legacy plugin that can't be installed by means of UPM. I reckon you did install it correctly as a version 1 plugin, and that everything worked as it should be. However, since you would like to upgrade to 0.10.12 (version 2 plugin), you would need to clear the old ones first hand. I remember attempting this before, but I didn't delete the service at all.

All I did was:

1. Shutdown JIRA.
  2. Delete the related JARs in the $JIRA_INSTALL/atlassian-jira/WEB_INF/libdirectory:
    1. atlassian-subversion-plugin-*.jar
    2. javasvn-*.jar
    3. svnkit-*.jar
    4. ganymed-*.jar
    5. trilead-*.jar
  3. Make a copy of the subversion-jira-plugin.properties file inside $JIRA_INSTALL/atlassian-jira/WEB_INF/classes. After copying it, I delete the original.
  4. Delete the following to clear the cache:
    1. $JIRA_HOME/plugins/.osgi-plugins
    2. $JIRA_HOME/plugins/.bundled-plugins
    3. $JIRA_HOME/caches/indexes
    4. $JIRA_INSTALL/work/
  5. Download the new plugin.
  6. Place this new plugin into the $JIRA_HOME/plugins/installed-plugins directory
  7. Restart JIRA.
  8. Re-index.
  9. Apply any changes you made in the subversion-jira-plugin.properties to the Administration interface in UI.

Have you tried this direct route? I reckon the service may be re-created/replace the old one by this way.

Norbert
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 8, 2013

thanks for the guide
It looks like it works, I'm going to comment on the plugin site to improve the uninstall guide

Justin Alex Paramanandan
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 8, 2013

You're welcome, mate! Glad that it works now! :D

Sure thing, mate! Might as well make a shoutout to the developer to update the docs to reflect this change. :)

Norbert
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 8, 2013

a little addon:

the file atlassian-subversion-plugin* didn't exist at my instance,
I simple searched for *subversion* to find the right file

Justin Alex Paramanandan
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 8, 2013

Ah, noted. Thanks for the heads up; I've forgotten that they changed the name as well. :)

Dave C
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 19, 2013

Thanks Justin, this is awesome. :)

I've updated https://ecosystem.atlassian.net/wiki/display/SVN/Subversion+JIRA+plugin with this information and there are some steps that were skipped such as deleting cache directories and reindexing as they're not needed.

Justin Alex Paramanandan
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 20, 2013

Thanks, @David. Glad that it helped! :)

Ganga_Selvarajah July 27, 2015

I am currently using SVN plugin 0.10.11.0. I am planning upgrade to 0.10.12. I would like to know, once I upgrade to 0.10.12. Do I need to re-configure all our project repository manually in JIRA?. Please help me.... Thanks Ganga S

3 votes
CelsoA
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 7, 2013

Hi there,

You can install plugins manually following the steps found on this link:

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA044/__installing+a+JIRA+plugin+manually

Please give it a try and let me know how it goes.

Regards.

Celso Yoshioka.

1 vote
Alex Perez
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 7, 2013

Norbert,

The link you provided in the question, as far as I know, makes sense only if you installed the old plugin following the old-legacy method: copy the jars into WEB-INF/lib and restart. Is this your case?

If you installed that from UPM (uploading through the jira web), I think that you can upgrade it by using the manage addons without having to stop the service ...

0 votes
Alex Perez
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 7, 2013

Im using the same plugin as you, and I don't have the "delete" link. Perhaps the documentation is outdated ...

Can you try to edit the service and put an empty Delay?

or go to Manage Add-ons and disable the whole plugin or some components to stop the service?

Edit: Ive read the link you posted, and the upgrade procedure (deploying files in web-inf/lib/...) makes no sense if you installed it using UPM. Can you try to disable the plugin from "Manage Plugins" and upload the new version with UPM?

Norbert
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 7, 2013

Empty Delay doesn't work, i get the error

Please specify a delay longer than one minute.

I tried to disable the Plugin (Manage Plugins section) but this also doesn't effect a thing...

The only way to disable it was to delete every file with the name subversion in it.

0 votes
Norbert
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 7, 2013

Hi

I would like to uninstall the service not install it

regads Norbert

Suggest an answer