Subtasks auto assigne to user's?

Gál Levente July 15, 2015

How it's possible, automatic assignie the subtasks issues to the user, if the user assigned the parent issue to itself.

(script or plugin?)

I try plugins, but my JIRA version (6.4.3) not sopported these what i found.

Levente

5 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
João Palharini
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 15, 2015

Hi Gál!

For this, I recommend checking out Script Runner. You can use its post-functions to get the assignee from the parent issue and copy the value to the sub-task when it's created. You may need to create a specific workflow for sub-tasks in order to achieve this.

Best of all: the latest version of Script Runner is fully compatible with JIRA 6.4.3

--
Cheers!

Joao

Thanks

0 votes
Gál Levente July 16, 2015

Thanks, actualy the JIRA is new for me, Not i have started supervise, i just inherited this task and recently learn this software. So, I i'm greatful for help. Levente

0 votes
Guilherme Nogueira
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 15, 2015

You can control it using Script Runner as comment bellow. If you need any additional help you can ask.

0 votes

Hi, we use jira as well for monitoring the expensive instruments usage time/availability and the subtasks are these instrument's accessorys, and parent issues are the instruments The promlem is, when me or other user change the workflow status (STOCK -> IN USE) for a parent isseue (instrument), the subtasks status not change automatically. And the staff forget change status on accessorys in many time. And I want, when the subtask's status follow the parrent's status (but the parent's status not folow the subtask's status)

0 votes
Guilherme Nogueira
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 15, 2015

Hi :) Your subtask has a specific workflow? (not shared with another issuetypes) Maybe you can create a postfunction in a creation transition. More details after your answers.

Suggest an answer