Subtasks are not getting resolved when "done"

vbessuges September 10, 2013

Hello,

I currently have the following issue:

• created a task, of type "new feature"
  • added a list of sub-tasks
  • when sub-tasks were finished, set them to "Done"

In the beginning, all went well: the sub-tasks where "Done", and their Resolution set to "Resolved". So I had the "green tick" feedback, and I could filter them out as being not opened.

But at some point (don't know why), setting the sub-tasks to "Done" did not change the Resolution. So they where still Unresolved, Opened, and now I have a lot of tickets still opened and it's quite annoying as the open issues filters are "spammed" with supposedely closed tickets.

I tried lots of things: re-opened them, started progress, stopped progress, set them to "done" with/without starting progress, I tried a lot of different patterns but to no avail.

Anyone can help me?

Thank you.

3 answers

0 votes
Nick Adams March 11, 2014

I'm having the same problem. I'm an admin on our account.

I found the "Permission Helper" in the administration section, but it says I *have* permission to 'resolve' an issue.

I have tried updating the workflow to a differnet type (reused and existing one for a sub-task).

I found under Admin | issues | resolution:

Done GreenHopper Managed Resolution

I'm stumped.

0 votes
Theinvisibleman
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 10, 2013

Hi Vincent,

Hmm, you might want to check if there have been any recent changes towards the workflow for your Sub-task issue type (if you have one). Currently my main suspicion would be that the transition into the "Done" status has been edited such that the resolution of the issue would no longer be set.

This is usually configured in the post-functions of the transition.

0 votes
Christian Czaia _Decadis AG_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 10, 2013

Is done a status in JIRA or the column in Greenhopper / JIRA Agile? Usually, if you don't set the resolution yourself, it's being done by a post-function.

Use case: You had the closed status mapped to the Done column. Transitions leading to the closed status had the post-function. Now the XYZ status is mapped to that column but the transitions to that status don't have any post-functions...--> no resolution. Either way, check the transitions and the post-functions in your workflow...

Cheers

Christian

Suggest an answer