Subtask's component doesn't match with parent's

Jirong Hu July 17, 2015

We have an epic has many subtasks. The epic originally has one component when subtasks was created, so all the subtask has that one component. Now we add another new component to the epic, but it's not in all subtask. The component field is not in the subtask screen so I can't add it.

Any suggestion on how to fix this?

Thanks

Jirong

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Nicolas Bourdages
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 17, 2015

You need to make sure that the field Component is in the screens used for subtasks. The configuration for Epics may not be the same as for Subtasks.

Look into your Screen configuration in your project. You'll see there the Screen Schemes used by each issue type.

Additionally, make sure that your Field Configuration for subtasks do not hide the Component field. 

Jirong Hu July 17, 2015

Thanks, I know how to add the field to the subtask screen. Just not sure if it's the right approach. Why the new added component is not showing in the subtasks?

Nicolas Bourdages
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 17, 2015

Ah, I misunderstood. Components are inherited at the creation of the subtask. They're not synced once the subtask has been created. Perhaps you could add a workflow post-function that forces the parent's components onto the subtasks, but that sync would only occur during a transition. Nothing else comes to mind that wouldn't require scripting, of which I'm not an expert.

Jirong Hu July 17, 2015

Thank you very much, that's all I need, both the reason and fix.

Suggest an answer