Subtask customfield update by Rest Api

Prakhar October 14, 2016

Hi ,

Can anyone suggest how to update customfields of a subtask by Rest api script.

I am trying by api/2/issue/{issueorkey}   and in put statement i am posting like :

{"fields":
{
"customfield_10967": "ABC"
}

however it gives below error :

{
"errorMessages": [
"Unexpected end-of-input: expected close marker for OBJECT (from [Source: com.quisapps.jira.fieldsecurity.filter.RequestWrapper$1@d037060; line: 1, column: 0])\n at [Source: com.quisapps.jira.fieldsecurity.filter.RequestWrapper$1@d037060; line: 4, column: 44]"
]
}

My Customfield is of textarea type.

please suggest.

Thank you

1 answer

0 votes
Peter Geshev
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 14, 2016

Hi Prakhtar,

You have a missing bracket in your JSON it should be 

{"fields": 
{
"customfield_10967": "ABC"
}}

Regards,

Peter

Prakhar October 14, 2016

Thanks Peter , Now I am getting this :

{
"errorMessages": [],
"errors": {
"customfield_12621": "Field 'customfield_12621' cannot be set. It is not on the appropriate screen, or unknown."
}
}

this is newly created customfield of the type textarea and currently not on front end.

Peter Geshev
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 14, 2016

In order to be able to set the value of the custom field you will have to set its configuration right(context and screens) first. If it is not visible in the front end you wont be able to modify its value

Suggest an answer