Subtask creation via HTML link

Jan August 5, 2013

To create a subtask via HTML link I use CreateSubTaskIssue.jspa with the following parameters:

parentIssueId

pid

issuetype

But if I want to set the "summary" with the parameter "summary" it does not work.

Is there a way to set the parameters like summary, etc. via HTML link?

PS: Sorry for my bad english.

3 answers

0 votes
Jan August 7, 2013

Yes, outside. Out of Confluence.

0 votes
Randall Robertson
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 6, 2013

@Jan, do you have to use the HTML link? There are plugins that allow you to create sub-tasks by clicking a custom workflow button in JIRA. Are you trying to do it from outside of JIRA?

0 votes
Alex Perez
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 5, 2013

Hi Jan,

Unfortunately I think that this is not possible. You can use the REST Api, but you'll have to send some data in the body of a POST request, so this (AFAIK) is not possible with a link.

I've inspected the create issue form, and there are some parameters related to the usersession (atl_token).

Can you explain your use case? perhaps there is a simpler approach ^^

HTH

Jan August 6, 2013

Hi Alex,

thanks for your answer.

I want to create a full pre filled Jira Subtask. So that the "clicker" only have to click on "create".

A normal ticket is no problem, you can set every parameter via the HTML link. But at a subtask it does not work.

Suggest an answer