Subtask creation - Copy custom field value from parent issue

Sanu Soman
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 23, 2014

Hi All,

Please suggest how I can copy some custom field values from parent issue to subtasks, if I manually creating subtasks?

I guess some plugin will supports this functionality if we auto create subtasks as part of workflow action. Please suggest.

Many thanks in advance.

Thanks,

Sanu P Soman

3 answers

1 vote
Henning Tietgens
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 23, 2014

You could use the free Script Runner plugin which has a built in post function script to create sub tasks. And a lot other very useful stuff...

PJ December 22, 2015

Not free anymore! ;)

Henning Tietgens
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 22, 2015

Yes, you're right. But worth every cent! :-)

0 votes
Bob Swift OSS (Bob Swift Atlassian Apps)
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 24, 2014

Create on Transition Plugin for JIRA supports various substitutions when creating subtasks or issues as part of a transition.

0 votes
rambabu patina
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 23, 2014

Hi Soman.

Have a look on this third party plugin https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/com.atlassian.jira.copy-to-subtask-plugin. Hope this useful to you.

Atlassian does not support any third-party add-ons

Thanks,

Patina

Suggest an answer