A few days ago, for no reason we could discern, subtasks stopped showing up on our main project board. Previously, the parent issue would span all of our columns and subtasks would show up underneath. We've searched the community and non of the suggested fixes we've seen seem to be applicable.
Did something change with how Jira displays subtasks or is there something else going on?
Have you check to make sure that the board filter is not removing, filter them out? Each board has a filter that specifies what issues will be show. You can learn more here https://support.atlassian.com/jira-software-cloud/docs/configure-filters/
If you are a project administrator you can look at the workflow scheme. You can also look at the work flow on the sub task and see which one it is using. You can the look at an issue that is visible and see if they are the same. If they are different check the board and make sure all the statuses are mapped.
This is weird, but I noticed Swimlanes were not expandable. We were set to Stories.
There was a weird old piece in the JQL that said, ("Epic Link" != A-1234 and "Epic Link" != A-2345 OR "Epic Link" Is Empty) that I'm pretty sure was part of a workaround in the past that once I removed it, the tickets were grouped correctly once again. We did add a new field recently, but it wasn't related to Epics to my knowledge. The strange part is, the subtasks appeared in the original query if you ran it outside the board.
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!Find an event
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!
Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.Host an event
You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events