Sub- tasks still appear in 'done" column when parent ticket is released

Jenna Johnston June 12, 2017

Hi There,

For some reason when the parent ticket has been moved to done and has been released with the fix version, the sub-tasks are remaining in the 'done' column. How can I get these off my kanban board?

Thanks,

2 answers

2 votes
josh
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 25, 2017

I always change the Kanban board sub filter. I like it so that things disappear from the board 7 days after they have been closed.

This is what I use frequently:

status != closed or (status = closed and status changed to closed after -1w)

You could adapt this to use the default for parent and my idea for sub-tasks:

(issuetype not in subTaskIssueTypes() and (fixVersion in unreleasedVersions() OR fixVersion is EMPTY)) or (issuetype in subTaskIssueTypes() and (status != closed or (status = closed and status changed to closed after -1w)))
0 votes
Andy Heinzer
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 25, 2017

It is possible that these subtasks do not have a value listed for "Fixed Version" field.   Try assigning these issues a value for that field.   Most Kanban boards will still show issues on the board that do not have a fix version value.

Suggest an answer