Sub-tasks not being displayed

Mano Bharathi August 6, 2015

When I create sub-tasks from an issue, it is being created successfully, but the sub-tasks section of the page is not present.

Moreover, the sub-task is denoted as Project Name/PR-17 rather than Project Name/Parent task key/PR-17.

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 6, 2015

That sounds like you are creating tasks rather than sub-tasks.  How are you initiating the "create" process when you create the issue?

More->Create Sub task

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 6, 2015

Ok, and when you do that, does it offer you a list of issue types to choose from? What is on that list? I'm just checking that you are definitely landing on the sub-task create, because it sounds like you're somehow not creating subtasks at all.

That list has only Sub-task listed.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
August 6, 2015

Right. There's something *very* wrong here, and it's not something you are doing, it actually feels like something has hacked the create process. Could you check PR-17 again (I am assuming that PR-17 is supposed to be a sub-task?). What is its issue type? Also, as an admin, could you go to to Admin -> Issues -> Issue types and check *exactly* what it says for the issue type that PR-17 says it is?

Suggest an answer