Sub-tasks do not appear in Work board when using QuickFilter that has "Epic Link"

Vincent Lasmarias September 3, 2013

I have a Story called "Test Story" that has a bunch of sub-tasks. The Story is assigned to an Epic called "Epic1". I created the following "Epic1 Filter" QuickFilter:

"Epic Link" = "Epic1"

I then go to Greenhopper and click on the 'Work' board. Then, I click on the "Epic1 Filter". The "Test Story" appears, but the sub-tasks are no longer visible.

Any ideas why?

Note: if I create a QuickFilter that has 'status != Done', that one is able to show all sub-tasks of "Test Story".

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Stefan
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 30, 2014
Ian Turner September 18, 2014

Has anyone found an answer for this.  I can see the logic behind forcing subtasks to inherit their parent tasks epic/sprint however only sprint seems to be populated on the subtask - the easiest fix surely is to populate the sub-task epic link field with the parent's epic.

is there are smarter JQL option - I can't use any 3rd party plugins.

Stefan
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 18, 2014

If you use OnDemand check this (as written above): https://answers.atlassian.com/questions/177329/answers/2614340

Ian Turner September 18, 2014

Maybe I'm reading the wrong thing... I get "Unable to find JQL function tempoEpicIssues". I am using OnDemand.

Stefan
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 18, 2014

`tempoEpicIssues` ist the right thing. Maybe you have disabled the tempo plugin (we don't use it in our OnDemand Jira, but it is active)

Ian Turner October 6, 2014

thanks Stefan, we don't use it either as apparently its a cost option that we don't currently have enabled. Seems a bit of a rip off having to pay for an extra module to get the already extra module (agile) to work properly. Is there really no way of getting this to work without buying something else?

Stefan
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 6, 2014

@Ian Turner You don't have to purchase it - it only has to be "active". We didn't pay for it either and it worked.

Ian Turner October 7, 2014

Whilst the plugin is pre-installed in OnDemand I'm told usage doesn't come free. taking a look on http://www.tempoplugin.com/ it certainly appears to be something that is purchased - but I've not clicked through far enough to see any prices.

1 vote
Florian Zink September 10, 2013

Hi Vincent,

I think you should take a look at https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA051/Advanced+Searching#AdvancedSearching-linkedIssues%28%29

Or if you want to some advanced stuff, check out the JQL Tricks Plugin. There you have some more options, like hasSubtasks().

BR

Florian

Suggest an answer