Sub task to Issue conversion

Rahul Aich [Nagra]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 10, 2013

Hi When I convert a sub task to a Issue, how can i change the screens?

On our instance, someone has configured to display a custom field: Workload estimate when a user converts a sub-task to an issue.

I do not want to display this custom field and remove it. How can i achieve this?

Rahul

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 10, 2013

You can't really change those screens - Jira is asking you for more information that belongs to the target issue type. If you want rid of the field, then you need to remove it from the target issue type completely.

Rahul Aich [Nagra]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 10, 2013

Yea, i just realised that I had context set to an issue type which i was trying to upgrade it to (subtask -> bug)

I removed the context issue type and it was gone.

Rahul

0 votes
Alex Perez
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 10, 2013

Maybe Jira is showing that field because is mandatory in the destination issue type, and is not defined or is not mandatory in the subtask issue types.

If you won't use that custom field, you can set it optional and hidden in ths "field configuration scheme" used in your project, or even delete the custom field definition

Suggest an answer