Sub Task's not being picked up by swimlane query on Kanban Board

motherg December 22, 2014

Hi all,

I've got an issue that I cannot seem to resolve, and I can't understand why it's happening as it's never happened to me before in other organisations.

Here's the scene - we've got a KanBan board and we're using a label of "Ready" to help separate out stories that are ready for work and those that are not. To get the separation I have created a Swimlane with the query "Labels = ready", this surfaces all the stories we've marked up as ready and pulls them out of the backlog (which we can then collapse as it's in the "everything else" swimlane.

The issue I'm experiencing at the moment is that of all the issues types we've applied to the label to, the Sub Task's (we only have one type of sub task) are not being pulled up in to the top swimlane with all the other issue types...and I have no idea why.

Any suggestions are welcome!

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 22, 2014

I suspect you'll find all your sub-tasks are clustered with their parent issues?

Suggest an answer