Sub-Task bugs + question

Rave Nir October 23, 2012

Bugs reconstruction:

1. Create an issue in a certain board and assign it to user a.

2. Create 2 sub tasks to the issue, assign 1 to user a and one to user b.

3. Open a board that's filtered on only user b's assigned issues.

4. On that board move user b's issue to the done state

5. An "Update Parent Issue" massage pops, saying: :All sub-tasks for parent issue TOOL-3 are now Done.Do you want to update this parent issue to match?"

The problem is that the parent issue steel has one sub-task thats not yet done but the board you are on thinks its the only sub-task because it's the only one it sees - so that's the first bug.

The second bug is that if you press update in the pop up the massage reappears again and again.

And now to my question-

1. I have an issue with 2 different teams working on at the same time. so I need to split the issue in to 2 assigns and boards, is there a way to do this and avoid the bugs above?

Thank you very much,

Rave Nir

1 answer

0 votes
boardtc
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 7, 2013

This was partially answered by Atlassian in the similar query:https://answers.atlassian.com/questions/156616/suppress-update-parent-issue-pop-up

imho, it's very poor functionality when there is no option to turn off the message as in a lot of teams only the PO can close the story.

Suggest an answer