It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Sub Task Fix Version field value should be inherited from User story

Hi All,

Is there a way (without an add-on) to have all sub-tasks created to automatically inherit the Fix Version field value of the parent User Story? We are using JIRA server based application

I couldn't find exact solution for this issue on the forum please help 

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Scott Theus Community Leader Aug 09, 2019

HI @Manny ,

Are you still looking for an answer to this? 

I haven't tested it, but I would think you should be able to do it by

1. Create a workflow for the Sub-Task issue type and assign it to the workflow scheme used by the project. (You can copy the workflow currently used, just make sure to name it as a sub-task work flow and assign it to sub tasks in the scheme.)
  2.  Add a Post Function to the Sub-Task workflow on the Create transition. You'll want to use the "Copy Value From Other Field" post function.
  3. Configure the post-function to have Destination and Source field to pick Fix Version, and then choose to pick the version from Parent issue. 

Let me know if this works, if not I can do some testing and see if I can figure it out.

-Scott

Hi 

It worked thanks 

I am trying to execute this in my test environment, I don't see a Post function for Copy Value from other Field, is there something I need to enable to add this?

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted in Jira

Demo Den Ep. 7: New Jira Cloud Reports

Learn how to use two new reports for next-gen projects in Jira Cloud:  Cumulative flow diagram and Sprint burndown chart. Ivan Teong, Product Manager, Jira Software, demos the Cumulative ...

308 views 1 3
Join discussion

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you