Sub Task Fix Version field value should be inherited from User story

Manny June 13, 2019

Hi All,

Is there a way (without an add-on) to have all sub-tasks created to automatically inherit the Fix Version field value of the parent User Story? We are using JIRA server based application

I couldn't find exact solution for this issue on the forum please help 

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Scott Theus
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 9, 2019

HI @Manny ,

Are you still looking for an answer to this? 

I haven't tested it, but I would think you should be able to do it by

1. Create a workflow for the Sub-Task issue type and assign it to the workflow scheme used by the project. (You can copy the workflow currently used, just make sure to name it as a sub-task work flow and assign it to sub tasks in the scheme.)
  2.  Add a Post Function to the Sub-Task workflow on the Create transition. You'll want to use the "Copy Value From Other Field" post function.
  3. Configure the post-function to have Destination and Source field to pick Fix Version, and then choose to pick the version from Parent issue. 

Let me know if this works, if not I can do some testing and see if I can figure it out.

-Scott

Manny August 10, 2019

Hi 

It worked thanks 

Donna Sprague September 6, 2019

I am trying to execute this in my test environment, I don't see a Post function for Copy Value from other Field, is there something I need to enable to add this?

Like stvkim likes this
stvkim February 22, 2020

I couldn't find the 'Copy Value from other Field' postfunction as well. How can I add the post function without any add-ons?

Suggest an answer