Structure plugin - reporting

Rahul Aich [Nagra]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 8, 2013

Hi

We are evaluating the plugin Structure. I am struggling with one of the use cases.

Say, we have a parent issue A which has three issues underneath it which in turn has another 3 issue underneath each of them(linked via Structure). Now, how can i track the progress on parent issue A?

I know i can hover over the progress bar on the issue A and get the progress % however I am interested in getting this data in a report format, i.e. getting it returned via JQL or dashboard gadget? is it possible.

Rahul

1 answer

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Adam Jacobson
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 8, 2013

What is it you want to see? Remaining time estimates? Time spent?

The Structure plugin has a gadget that you can place on the dashboard and select a predefined or custom View (set of columns).

One of those columns can be set to Custom Progress. It can look something like this:

I am not sure how the Structure data-structure can be directly interrogated and represented in a JIRA report, but there is capability to export the structure to excel and do some analytics there.

Rahul Aich [Nagra]
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 8, 2013

Hi Adam, this is perfect. This is what i was looking for. Somehow imissed the gadget structure, Thanks for pointing it to me.

Rahul

Suggest an answer