Structure: Using Generated tasks with Synchronizer

Paul Benson November 8, 2016

I have Structure plug in installed.

I create an Insert generator which pulls all 'top parent' issues (i.e. ones that do not have any parents themselves, but may have links to other tasks).

project = MYPROJECT and issueFunction not in linkedIssuesOf("project = MYPROJECT","is implemented by") AND type = requirement

This works great.

I then create a synchronizer to then pull all of the "is implemented by" linked requirements/epics/tasks into the structure automatically.  Nothing happens.  The parent issues do not get 'structured' with their children.

If I remove the generator, and drag those same parent issues into the structure, then the children appear within the parents.

So, the generator works by itself; the synchronizer works by itself (no generator), but the two together don't jive.  I would like to have new parents appear automatically as they are created and not have to drag them into the structure each time.

Any clues/hints?

Thanks,

Paul

1 answer

0 votes
Stepan Kholodov _ALM Works_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
February 20, 2017

Hello Paul,

Thank you for your request. 

Sorry for the late reply - we monitor Atlassian Answers primarily based on our add-on tags (e.g. 'structure' and 'addon-com.almworks.jira.structure’). Unfortunately questions without them often get missed in a general search query. I added one of our tags to this question so we can find it later if we need to.

The Synchronisers and the Generators can’t work together because the Synchronizers don’t ‘recognise’ Generators’ work in the structure. To avoid any conflicts between those two tools we strongly recommend to use either Synchronisers or Generators, not both.

The solution to the named problem would be using another Generator instead of the Synchronizers. So after adding top parent issues with the Insert Generator do the following: Extend - Linked Issues… - Link type: implements - Link Direction: parent issue is implemented by. After that all of the issues linked to the top issues should appear in the structure.

Please feel free to ask more questions if you need further assistance. It is more convenient to contact us through ServiceDesk - this way we will receive the request immediately and we will respond much faster.

https://support.almworks.com

Best regards,

Stepan Kholodov

ALM Works

Suggest an answer